We want our customers to have a good experience and more importantly are kept safe.
Whatever taxi company you use please adhere to the following tips:
- Genuine taxis and private hire drivers will display an ID badge at all times
- Genuine taxis have an illuminated roof sign and a yellow licence plate on the back and a small double sided sign on the inside of the vehicle’s windscreen showing the vehicle licence number. Taxis can pick you up on the street, from a designated taxi rank or you can phone and order one.
- Genuine private hire vehicles have a white licence plate on the back of the vehicle and a small double sided sign on the inside of the vehicle’s windscreen showing the vehicle licence number.
- Private hire cars can only pick you up if you have phoned and booked in advance. If you get into a private hire vehicle, which you have not pre-booked, you may not be insured for the journey.
- All licence plates on taxis and private hire vehicles show the vehicle licence number, and licence expiry date, the vehicle registration number and make, model and colour of the vehicle.
Try to remember the name of the taxi company or the vehicle licence number. You will be asked for this information if you have any complaints or queries about your journey.